Friday, June 09, 2006

Another Inconvenient Truth - NetVocates

I swear I am not making this up, but I thought it was kind of weird the other day when, on my SECOND WHOLE POST IN MY BLOG'S HISTORY, 2 people made nasty comments. It was the footprint I found on my blog AFTER my counter was up that caught my attention. I would never have thought I was worthy of this attention.

I remember telling my friend that it was kind of odd that a nobody (I'm an insignificant microbe in the TTLB ecosystem) would get two comments right off the bat. It was also odd that the comments came about an hour and a half apart and several hours after I posted. What are the odds of a brand spanking new blog with no connections OR LINKS would get two DETAILED COMMENTS spread out over two hours long after I'd disappeared from most of the visible places (where I was a blip to begin with)?

-

Of course, I did post on Al Gore's new movie, which I (in my humble opinion) consider to be a fantasy romp, not an epic documentary.

-

Enter "NetVocates". You can see them for yourself HERE. LET ME SAY CLEARLY THAT I DO NOT KNOW IF NetVocates SENT THE FIRST TWO COMMENTS and I am NOT Implying, stating or otherwise indicating that NetVocates or ANY OF IT'S "Like minded" advocates that it recruits, posted ANYTHING AT ANY TIME ON MY BLOG. Of Course, the sissies who did post did it anonymously (what a surprise). I just happened upon their URL on my blog.

There is a company that helps businesses and "clients" monitor blogs. They use "proprietary technology" and expert analysis. A quote directly from their site: "blogs frequently impact an organization and its products and image in uncontrolled and often unexpected ways." Really, you need to read their website.



Their goal? MONITOR, ANALYZE and ACT. They say that they keep an eye on blogs, they then analyze what's being said and FINALLY: "NetVocates then recruits activists and consumers who share the client’s views in order to reinforce those key messages on targeted blogs – and rebut misinformation when appropriate."

Anyway, the footprint came from here (A copy from my stats): Referring URL: http://arrca.netvocates.com/Default/index.cfm / June 8, 2006 / 1:31 PM / I removed the IP because I think that would be dirty pool to post it publicly.

Ever wonder where the vitriol comes from. Maybe it comes from hired guns set out to fight it out. Maybe not. What do you think?

For more information on their business, Netvocates to be reached at:

NetVocates
P.O. Box 3382
Concord, NH 03302

Phone: (603) 717.7128
Email: info@netvocates.com


By the way, NetVocates, thanks for giving me a vahicle to chase some publicity. I'm gonna post this info ALL OVER THE FREAKIN' PLACE. Bless you.

1 Comments:

At 10:10, Anonymous Chip Griffin said...

My name is Chip Griffin and I founded NetVocates to help organizations better understand and communicate with the blogosphere.

I can absolutely assure you that nobody from NetVocates was responsible for the comments on your blog. First, we never engage in the tone of discussion in those comments. Second, we do not post unattributed commentary.

We do visit thousands of blogs daily -- even new ones -- to help our clients better listen to and understand what bloggers are saying. Bloggers who see netvocates.com in their logs (and note we don't attempt to disguise where we are coming from) should know that it means that people are interested in what they have to say.

Thank you for the opportunity to provide this information.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home